Change the provisioning passphrase
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
Use this procedure to change the StorageGRID provisioning passphrase. The passphrase is required for recovery, expansion, and maintenance procedures. The passphrase is also required to download Recovery Package backups that include the grid topology information, grid node console passwords, and encryption keys for the StorageGRID system.
You are signed in to the Grid Manager using a supported web browser.
You have Maintenance or Root access permissions.
You have the current provisioning passphrase.
The provisioning passphrase is required for many installation and maintenance procedures, and for downloading the Recovery Package. The provisioning passphrase is not listed in the
Passwords.txt file. Make sure to document the provisioning passphrase and keep it in a safe and secure location.
Select CONFIGURATION > Access control> Grid passwords.
Select Make a change under Change provisioning passphrase.
Enter your current provisioning passphrase.
Enter the new passphrase. The passphrase must contain at least 8 and no more than 32 characters. Passphrases are case-sensitive.
Store the new provisioning passphrase in a secure location. It is required for installation, expansion, and maintenance procedures.
Re-enter the new passphrase, and select Save.
The system displays a green success banner when the provisioning passphrase change is complete.
Select Recovery Package.
Enter the new provisioning passphrase to download the new Recovery Package.
After changing the provisioning passphrase, you must immediately download a new Recovery Package. The Recovery Package file allows you to restore the system if a failure occurs.