Monitor storage appliance installation
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
The StorageGRID Appliance Installer provides status until installation is complete. When the software installation is complete, the appliance is rebooted.
To monitor the installation progress, click Monitor Installation.
The Monitor Installation page shows the installation progress.
The blue status bar indicates which task is currently in progress. Green status bars indicate tasks that have completed successfully.
The installer ensures that tasks completed in a previous install are not re-run. If you are re-running an installation, any tasks that do not need to be re-run are shown with a green status bar and a status of “Skipped.”
Review the progress of the first two installation stages.
1. Configure storage
During this stage, the installer connects to the storage controller, clears any existing configuration, communicates with SANtricity software to configure volumes, and configures host settings.
2. Install OS
During this stage, the installer copies the base operating system image for StorageGRID to the appliance.
Continue monitoring the installation progress until the Install StorageGRID stage pauses and a message appears on the embedded console, prompting you to approve this node on the Admin Node using the Grid Manager. Go to the next step.
Go to the Grid Manager of the Primary Admin node, approve the pending storage node, and complete the StorageGRID installation process.
When you click Install from the Grid Manager, Stage 3 completes and stage 4, Finalize Installation, begins. When stage 4 completes, the controller is rebooted.